The PEMSERTER® Series 2000® press has established itself as the productivity leader in the world of fastener installation. This press has 71.2 kN / 8 tons of force and a 61 cm / 24” throat depth. The high speed hydra-pneumatic actuating system delivers insertion speed that cannot be met by other insertion systems and the optional auto-feed capabilities insure that the fasteners are positioned quickly and accurately.
The Series 2000 press utilizes a programmable logic controller and a menu-driven touch screen operator interface system, in eleven available languages. Touch screens allow for quick-run-set-up, easy operator training, and precise fastener installation setups. They automatically alert and direct the operator to any safety or system faults for quick diagnosis.
The Series 2000 press has a unique patented LIGHTSTREAM® Operator Safety System. It is a wireless, fail-safe system that immediately detect when the main ram contacts any object, metallic or non-metallic, that should not be in its path. The LIGHTSTREAM® system provides a fast, precise, and reliable safety system that ensures ram force is only applied to fasteners during installation.
Features and Benefits
- Job search and recall mode allows operators to reference 300 stored jobs and return to previous jobs quickly and easily.
- PLC readily accommodates custom programs.
- Cast aluminum bowl with epoxy coating handles larger parts and performs quietly.
- Wide feeder track increases fastener-feeding rates.
- Large touch-screen and graphics contribute to operator-friendly operation.
- Ethernet capable.
- Adjustable ram stroke distance control in manual and bottom feed nut mode.
- Real-time installation force feedback displayed on screen.
- Fastener and batch counters.
- Descriptive screen alerts for operating errors.
- Smart dwell and force verification.
- Self-diagnostic system lets operator work with increased speed, accuracy, and confidence.
- Color-coded tooling for quick changeover.
The dual bowl expansion cart option and the QX™ Turret Tool system for use on the PEMSERTER® Series 2000® automatic fastener-installation press system provide a quick and efficient method to quickly change between anvil tools while handling the work piece to install different fasteners. With the use of the second bowl on the expansion cart and the QX™ Turret Tool System, you can install up to four different fasteners; two in automatic feed mode, and two in manual feed mode. A third bowl on a second expansion cart can also be added for appropriate applications.
Features and Benefits
- Four position color-coded, two positions are autofeed, remaining two manual load with color-coded fastener tray.
- Touch screen setup for all four stations including selection of installation force and number of fasteners to be installed per work-piece.
- Once set-up, the press will not allow you to install a fastener out of sequence. Only properly installed fasteners are counted. Operator is notified by visual and/or audible signal that the chosen quantity of fasteners has been installed at that location and the turret automatically rotates to the next. When the work-piece is complete the turret rotates to the start location ready to begin the next work-piece.