PEM® S-RT™ free-running locknuts are free-running until clamp load is induced. A modified thread angle on the loaded flank provides the vibration resistant locking feature.
- Screw turns freely until a clamp load is applied.
- Resistant to vibrational loosening.
- Back side of panel is flush or sub-flush for screw installation.
- Locking feature reusability is not affected by number of on/off cycles.
- Uses same mounting hole and installation tooling as standard S™ nut fasteners found in PEM® Bulletin CL.
Unit of Measure
- 1 Other shank and screw lengths available.
- 2 For maximum performance, we recommend that you use the maximum shank length for your sheet thickness.
- 3 To minimize sheet distortion and maximize product performance, use a centerline-to-edge value greater or equal to the value specified.